With thanks to my late aunt, Jean Abdee, whose legacy has helped make this possible.

Friday 19 March 2010

Sport Relief weekend

I have to confess that for whatever reason - lack of being in touch with the media, or being too focused on my own thing plus general busyness - Sport Relief hadn't really registered on my radar, as I discovered when I popped into Sainsbury's the other day. I was on the way home from work and thus in bike/running gear. One of the assistants asked if I was participating in Sport Relief and looked quite disappointed in me when I said I wasn't. If I'd been less engrossed by the choice of vegetables I might have been quick enough to point out that I was going to do my bit, just not this weekend ... but too late.

And then last night, the TV documentary of the fundraising bike ride from John O'Groats to Land's End in freezing temperatures and through both day and night. Not perhaps the best way to promote cycling, especially showing so many falls, but what we could see of the scenery was spectacular. I think I'm looking forward to Scotland the most, espcially the far north. But there's still a lot of training to do first and more checking of gear. Today was wet, so a good chance to try the new dhb jacket (which performed well) but I need a real downpour to test it properly. Fingers crossed for a wet weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment