With thanks to my late aunt, Jean Abdee, whose legacy has helped make this possible.

Saturday 19 June 2010

John O'Groats

Home at last after a long drive to and from Scotland to collect Andy after he and Alfie successfully completed their LeJog challenge - well done both! And to John of course and all the other finishers. It was good to see the final signpost and the queues of people waiting to have their photos taken. Lots of cyclists; some alone, some in groups. One man cycled it in 9 days (but didn't have vast amounts of luggage). All along the drive I was looking for routes, cycle paths, the state of the roads (very good) and hills (not that many that were extremely steep - apparently Devon is the steepest bit). The wildlife was amazing with seals playing in the bay by the campsite, all sorts of seabirds and of course, midges ... I must remember to take lots of midge repellent when I go. It was great to get up there and I can't wait to start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment