With thanks to my late aunt, Jean Abdee, whose legacy has helped make this possible.

Wednesday 23 June 2010

Nearly Tri Time!

Counting the days down to Northampton Triathlon on 27th now - it's come up so quickly. Went for a swim this morning and did my 1.5k in 35 minutes, and felt glum as it didn't beat my last time. It's something to feel down about - this is still a good four minutes off my previous (pre-Swim clinic) times! Hopefully it will be closer to 30 mins on the day, given that I won't have to stop and turn at each end or stop to give way to faster swimmers and I'll have a wetsuit - so added bouyancy.

Also sent the e-mail at work stating what I was up to and sat back waiting for the 'you must be mad' comments - not as many as I thought, actually. They must know aleady :-)

It's strange, but now that Andy has completed it feels as if it's now OK for me to start planning in earnest. Made some more LeJog purchases at various places including Field & Trek and Wiggle - leg warmers, so I don't have to worry about putting trousers on when it's cold and taking them off when it's hot; a bike mirror (which gives an excellent view of my right knee) and the tiniest, lightest little stove ever - a mere 50g! (It's called the Fly and made by Go Systems if you're interested). Since most of my cooking will probably involve warming things through, it'll do for my small set of two pots (Gelert - cheap and cheerful).

But the first challenge, the triathlon, is nearly here already; I'm as ready as I can be but feel that it's still not enough. I'll try and get another run and cycle in before Sunday and see how it goes. I'll also be hoping that this hot weather doesn't last - it is Wimbledon fortnight after all; shouldn't it be raining?

No comments:

Post a Comment