With thanks to my late aunt, Jean Abdee, whose legacy has helped make this possible.

Monday 26 July 2010

Half-Marathon Update

The half-marathon challenge is complete! I've had a week to savour that phrase. It went surprisingly well and I finished in a time of 2 hours 10 mins 4 seconds. I was extremely pleased with that as it meant I'd kept up my usual pace of a 10-minutes mile (like clockwork!) Out of the 197 starters in my age category I was 109th and 909th overall out of 1,295 finishers. So not bad for my first one, and I would do it again. I don't like Milton Keynes as a place but this run went through all the nice bits (possibly the only nice bits) including running alongside the Grand Union Canal and through wood and parkland.

Two challenges are now complete and cycling has started in earnest now, in preparation for the third with the confidence of having completed the first two to keep me going and make me think that I might actually be able to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment