With thanks to my late aunt, Jean Abdee, whose legacy has helped make this possible.

Sunday 29 August 2010

And I'm off

Day 1 - Land's End to Indian Queens. Lovely sunny morning and as soon as I started cycling, the nerves settled down. Through St Buryan to Mousehole ( lovely in the sun) and cycle path to Marazion. Had some hills after that, especially near St Erth. Stopped for lunch at a ruined tin mine at Cambourne - 34 miles by that point.

A bit of navigating trouble added some miles in the afternoon around Redruth and St Day. Truro was very quiet for which I was grateful, but not so grateful for the decorative cobbles in the town centre. It was getting much cooler as I got to the Gnome World campsite at Indian Queens just after six and got some shopping in at the Spar by the Esso garage nearby. One day down!

No comments:

Post a Comment