With thanks to my late aunt, Jean Abdee, whose legacy has helped make this possible.

Thursday 26 August 2010

Can't rain all the time ... ?

In the film 'The Crow' (a kind of gothi post-apocolyptic film mostly in black and white with rubbish and violence filled streets where it's constantly raining) the main character, Eric Draven says to a little girl:

"Can't rain all the time."

This has been rather in my mind of late, since the weather (in this region at least) seems determined to prove that actually, yes it can rain all the time, and if it feels like it, then it will.... I recall looking out of the window yesterday afternoon when the rain started and I don't believe it has stopped yet, well over 32 hours later. I can only hope that my waterproofs will be up to it, but since I'm not absolutely sure that *I* will be, it's a moot point.

Seriously, I have never known such a wet August, and only hope that September will have nothing left to offer by way of wet weather and will be nice. Or if not nice, at least dry and a bit less like November (in August).

Meanwhile, the worst Radio 4 pun ever: a program where a builder chooses the tool that's been most useful to him during the last seven days. That's Pick of the Week... sorry....

3 comments:

  1. Indian summer is on its way! so stop worrying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth

    Enjoy you have done the hardest bit by setting off. Weather looks good for next week.
    Enjoy your journey and I expect you will see many interesting places and meet many like minded people on the way.I have just broughta new Tourer so I now no longer have an excuse for not doing it sometime in the future.Regards Ted

    ReplyDelete