With thanks to my late aunt, Jean Abdee, whose legacy has helped make this possible.

Monday 30 August 2010

Day 2: Indian Queens to Bridestowe

Indian Queens to Bridestowe. 65.03 miles, max speed 32.5 av 8.1 moving time 8 hours, total time about 11 hours. First 10 miles fine even with some steep climbs and descents. The lanes were lovely with sunlight filtering through as if through stained glass. Then got to Bodmin and struggled to get out. Same at St Breward. Took 1.5 hours to travel just five miles. Eventually made some progress but everything you hear about these lanes us true. Descents so steep I lost my nerve and crept down with brakes on. Ascents so steep I had to walk up - not sure I didn't walk more than cycle today! Got into Devon at 4:30 and the campsite at seven. Weather very good and set to hold.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant progress! took me andf alfie over a week to walk that distance, keep that up and you'll be finished in no time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ruth, this is really impressive :) We will be willing the weather to remain good for you as long as possible. Very best wishes for the onward journey, Judy and co xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good day Ruth. I'm sure the climbs will be much easier as you get even more stronger and fitter day-by-day.

    Well done

    p.s. I'm still jealous. Wish I was doing it too :-)

    ReplyDelete