With thanks to my late aunt, Jean Abdee, whose legacy has helped make this possible.

Sunday 12 September 2010

And a bit more

Some bits that got missed out before - on the miserable day I met quite a lot of cyclists going the other way, and assumed they were  End to Enders, though it was not possible to do more than pass with a nod of the head. But yesterday I saw a chap going South and we cheered at each other like long lost friends. He had more luggage than I do, and I thought I had loads.
Also had my Andy Schleck moment, or my 'And Can it Be' moment depending on your preference when I changed gear to go uphill and it fell off. Though I didn't see Andy Schleck get out a packet of wet wipes prior to replacing a mucky chain on a filthy ring (I believe I've covered the issues re mud). I'm so looking forward to taking my bike apart and giving it a really good clean!
Last of all, a little cafe on the Birnam road ( lots of woodland by the way) does really lovely cake.
Till tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment